The thing that I interested the most about the history of Notre Dame is that we used to be a boarding school. Although I knew that fact at my first day of my freshmen year in Notre Dame, it still hard to image the life of living on the Notre Dame campus. Especially when we mentioned that our classroom used to be a dorm, I felt really surprised. I am pretty sure that it definitely was a totally different layout but still, it is really impressive.
The thing that impressed me most is the feeling of being welcomed. When they told us why they chose NDB, they all mentioned the feeling of being welcomed. I cannot appreciate more. On my first day in NDB, I was totally messed up. My English was so terrible that I cannot understand the lecture; My uniform was not shipped yet, I wore my casual clothes to school, which made my looks so weird; Also, I had no friends here, which means I had to have lunch by myself. However, when I hesitated about where should I sit, a bunch of international students invited me to sit with them and have lunch with them. I was so surprised because we never met before. I knew how hard to talk to a person that I never met before, but she did it so normally like she was talking to her friends. Since that time, I started to like this school. When Mrs. Wallace mentioned her experience in NDB, it immediately arousal my memory of my first day.
Learned from the first day in NDB, I started to be welcome to everyone, no matter who they are. Yesterday, I heard from Raena that we are going to have 8 new coming international students, and immediately I asked her if I can get their number or any social media. Because I knew the feeling of being welcomed, I want them to feel the exactly what I felt, which is also a culture of NDB, being welcome to everyone.
The girl I mentioned on the second paragraph names Jacy Sun, after that talk, we got closer and closer and now she is my best friend ever. On her last year, which is my freshmen year, she shadowed lots of freshmen international students and acted as a perfect model of NDB student. On her graduation party, I cried so badly not only because my best friend was gone for college in New York, but also because I lost my best sister. Yes, sisterhood is the central value of being an NDB student. no matter where I am, no matter how old I am, I will never forget the time of aquacade, not only when we compete with each other, but also led by the junior, we beat the sophomore when we were freshmen. I remember that I heard an NDB girl got a free coffee because she wore NDB uniform and the lady next to her is an alumna.
Citation:
https://www.askideas.com/25-best-welcome-pictures-and-photos/
http://upliftconnect.com/reviving-ancient-sisterhood/
https://ndhsb.schooladminonline.com/users/sign_in


No comments:
Post a Comment