Thursday, February 2, 2017

S2 Blog Response 8

Disciples Project

Based on the title of this class, Church History, I think we supposed to learn some complicated information of various church, kind of like what we did in History. However, Ms. Menzel always surprise me. We learned the stories of twelve disciples. For our group, we did Judas, the betrayer of Jesus. He was one of the most famous disciples, in a bad way, notable for his betrayal. His name was always related with betrayer. just like Brutus in Julius Caesar. We learned how did he become a disciple and why Jesus chose him, which is kind of surprised. Jesus knew that Judas will betray him, he chose him in order to fulfill the scripture.

However, I was surprised by some thought upon him. Some people thinks that he is a good man because he causes the death of Jesus, which fulfill God's scripture and save the human being. Although he betrayed Jesus, but that is his fate, just like Jesus has to die due to his mission. There is no right or wrong, people just do what they supposed to do. No matter it is a virtue or vice. I think it is a really interesting point because as I know this man, everyone told me that he is bad, he is a betrayer of Jesus. Sometimes it is OK to come up with another opinion, even though it go against everyone's belief. It's just a thought, isn't it?

Most common characteristics of those disciples are their persistence. They insisted what they think is right, followed who they think is worth to follow. When Jesus was crucified, some of them died beside Jesus, or die in the same way as Jesus' died, upside down. Some of them were martyred, died because of their faith. They can die for what they believed.

At this point, I feel that I am similar but also different with those disciples. I insist what I believed, but not able to die for it. When the thing I believed challenged by the society or the majority, I might be hesitating or doubt myself.

Citation:
Uncategorized. The Last Supper. 26 Sept. 2014. Eddiecrosby
Accessed 23 Jan. 2017. 
 eddiecrosby.wordpress.com/2014/09/26/the-last-supper-ca-149294-1498/.
The Death of JudasUnited State Conference of Catholic Bishops, www.usccb.org/ 
     bible/matthew/27. Accessed 23 Jan. 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment