Tuesday, February 14, 2017

S2 Blog Response 9

Apostles: Suffering

  1. Every story in this unit tells me that people learn their lessons during their suffering. During their suffering, some of them insist what they believed; some of them hesitate, feel ambiguous about their faith. However, when they get the message from the God, they are even more firm than before. For example, in Acts 5:12-41, When two men were put in jail, they were restless and unable to sit still. However, after Angle came and get them out, the priest tells them don't preach the God, they insist what they believe is right. 
  2. All the stories are equally inspiring for me. They are all about believing, suffering, hesitating, and persisting. For example, when Paul was abused and hurt by the Jews, instead of blaming Jews or giving up his faith, after hesitating, he continues his beliefs, which inspired me, because I give things up all the time. When I meet the bottleneck or go against by other people, I start to doubt myself and finally compromise. However, learned from the bible, I should not give up just because of the judgment. I can be the person who I wanna be. 
  3.  On the first month of my sophomore year, my life was totally messed up. I was taking double science and both the class is not easy. As a foreigner, the professional vocabulary on Biology and the tedious lab report for chemistry are my most challengeable assignment. I need to pay more effort than others to learn how to deal with it. I remember it so clearly, once I wrote a 7 pages lab report, and got an C- on my PowerSchool and cried for almost an hour. I almost dropped that class, but I remember how hard I tried to get double science. And therefore, I kept trying hard in that class, my effort sustains my through my first semester and had an A on my transcript.
  4. When I hit the wall, I always go the find my family, as well as my friends. They always comfort me. Also, when I facing some academic problems, I would like to talk with my counselor and my teachers, they always give helpful advice. 
Citation:
Patterson, Chelsea. "Suffering: For God's Glory and Your Good." TGC - The Gospel Coalition. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Feb. 2017.
"ELA HELP." Goossenclass. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Feb. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment